WebcastingTV has worked with dozens of congressional campaigns, across the country. Look at our client list to see specific ones. We typically provide CASS standardized data for individuals within the district boundaries. (See our database page for a description of that data) Commonly we 'bump' our data against the existing data of the candidate.
Each race is different in particulars, but most of them have the same basic objectives:
- Reach into specific geo-targeted areas with the client’s message;
- Test and measure the effectiveness fo their message for topics that are 'reactive' to the recipients.;
- Build their internal email distribution list with new “recipients” from our database;
- Develop an effective Call-to-Action for the recipients, such as: visit our site; call your representative; help support our effort; and vote for a candidate.
The process we follow to execute a broadcast is more than a simple broadcast, we will construct the html email, a second text-only version, and encode and host any streaming content. We will follow a test/broadcast/re-broadcast/reporting cycle on each broadcast (see below).
A typical broadcast moves through the following timeline:
- Day 1 – Test Sender Identity and “Subject Text” variations by sending 4 variations to 1,000 random emails. These dramatically affect the initial open rates.
- Day 2-5 – Broadcast to the entire list and then wait 3 days to accumulate 90% of the opens. The typical opening pattern is: 50% the first 24 hours; an additional 25% the next 24 hours; and approximately another 15% the third 24 hours.
- Day 6-9 – Resend the broadcast to the “non-openers” of the first broadcast, and then wait another 3 days to accumulate the additional opens. This typically nets approximately 20% of the original broadcast’s open rate.
- Day 10 – Prepare a report on the opens, clicks, and plays of the content in the broadcast. Most of the data in the report is also available online, in real time, through the system administrator’s login.
We would very much like an opportunity to speak with you about supporting any local campaign. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote and a description of the data we have for your congressional district.